Protecting the things
that matter most.

A comprehensive range of insurance
for childcare services.



At Austcover Childcare, we’re known for the care we take, the trust we engender and the reliable and personal service we provide. Our knowledge of the childcare industry is second to none and we can help you navigate

safely through its highly regulated environment and the many demanding procedural and administrative requirements that apply.

Whether you’re an owner, director, home carer or community volunteer, we’re here to make it

easier for you to get the right cover. We’ll guide you through the range of products available, provide specialist insurance advice and tailor a solution specifically suited to your needs.

Contact us today:

Cover: (07) 3237 8666 mail

Claims: (07) 3237 8612 mail

Our services include



Our services in brief

Public Liability

Public Liability Insurance is a must for childcare service providers. It protects you, your employees, work placement students or volunteers against the consequences of being held legally liable for third party property damage, personal injury to a child in your care or any personal injury to persons associated with your childcare service.

Your Public Liability policy should cover:

  • Accident
  • Property
  • Association Liability

Home Care Public Liability

Even with the most diligent care, accidents can happen and as a home based carer you can be held liable for personal injury or property damage. Without the right cover, you could end up having to pay a substantial claim out of your own pocket.

If you provide any of these at-home services you need cover:

  • Nanny
  • Babysitting
  • Mothercraft Nurse
  • Mother’s Helper
  • Housekeeper/Nanny

Centre-Based Care Insurance

Both the children themselves and the people associated with the service you provide need to be protected.

Caring deeply about children and their welfare also means caring about things like the Personal Injury and Property Damage insurance cover your centre carries.

If you run any of the following you need to be adequately covered:

  • Long Day Care
  • Outside School Hours Care
  • Before and After School Care
  • Vacation Care
  • Pre-School
  • Kindergarten
  • Playgroup.


Personal Accident Insurance can help you cover and protect the people who help out at your childcare service such as volunteers, committee members, work experience students and more.

If an accident or property damage occurs on your premises but you are not considered legally liable, there may be no way to claim under your Public Liability Insurance, but the injured party may still be left out-of-pocket as a result. This can occur for example when a volunteer is injured but is not covered under Workers Compensation regulations because they are not an employee.

Personal Accident Insurance can help cover the people who help you

Childcare Property Insurance

As a responsible childcare service provider, it’s important you have building insurance to protect your business from damage by natural events such as storms and fire and also contents insurance to cover the replacement of important items such as play equipment, softfall areas, shade sails and office equipment in the event of damage or theft.

If you run one of the following, you need property insurance:

  • Long day care
  • Outside school hours care
  • Vacation care
  • Pre-school
  • Kindergarten.